We perform expert reviews of software applications and websites, as well as conduct usability testing with your target users. These evaluations can be carried out a various stages within the design process with anything from a paper prototype to a fully functioning application.
We conduct usability evaluations with the target users of your software applications and websites so that you are able to:
- Identify any problems with the application that make it difficult for uses to work with as well as identify it’s strengths
- Determine how much time and how many steps are required for your users to complete basic tasks
- Assess users’ accuracy with your application
Our Team has conducted evaluations in a variety of application domains:
- Industry specific technology (e.g., medical informatics
- Mobile communications technology
- Performance tuning technology
- Computer-based education materials and tools
- Online recruiting technology
- Retail point-of-sale
Sample Related Projects:
Hospital for Sick Children:
- Conducted usability testing of the Hospital for Sick Children’s Ambulatory Referral Management System with hospital clerks, nurses and physicians culminating in extensive interface design guidelines.
Centre for Global E-health Innovation:
- Conducted usability evaluations of online medical guideline websites with family physicians and specialists.
- Conducted usability testing of MedCIRCLE (Collaboration for Internet Rating, Certification, Labelling and Evaluation of Health Information), a web-based health information rating site, with health care consumers.